Key Verse: Verse 22 – “And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.”
We are quick to condemn the disobedience of Saul, but have you ever given any consideration to what I call the servant’s checklist? Let’s look at our own obedience for a moment. Consider the following.
- Have you presented your body as a living sacrifice today (Romans 12:1)?
- Do you think more highly of yourself than you ought (Romans 12:3)?
- Is your loyalty divided between God and mammon (Matthew 6:24)?
- Do you have a daily prayer life and Bible study (II Timothy 2:15)?
- Do you stir up strife and division (Romans 13:13)?
- Are you an ambassador for Christ each day (II Corinthians 5:19-20)?
- Are you honestly seeking first the kingdom of God (Matthew 6:33)?
The Word includes the following:
Giving God the first hour of the day.
Giving God the first day of the week.
Giving God the first-fruits of your labor (tithes and offerings).
Giving God first place in your decision-making.
Giving God first place in your home.
✞ Take the test, then live it.
Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email