Key Words: hearing by the word of God
We are told in Romans 10:17, “So faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.”
In the book How To Obtain Fullness of Power, R. A. Torrey states, “If we are to obtain fullness of power in our life and service for God, we must feed continually on God’s Word. There is no other food for strengthening the believer. If we will not take time to study the Bible, we will never have power. Just as we receive our physical strength from the food we eat, so it is with our spiritual strength – it comes directly from God’s Word.”
Let me give you some suggestions that will help make you a strong, mature believer.
1. Study God’s Word thoroughly. Never begin a day without learning a verse from God’s Word.
2. Pray God’s Word in. Never lay it aside until it becomes a part of you for that day.
3. Put it down. Write down the thought that God gives you for the day.
4. Work it out. Daily live the truth you learn from God’s Word.
5. Pass it on. Tell others what you have learned.
We will never have fullness of power until God’s Word becomes a part of us. I read the following and found it applicable. “The new minister called at the home of one of his members. Wanting to impress the new pastor, the mother said to her daughter, ‘Dear, go get the book that your mommy loves so much.’ The little girl dashed away. Shortly she returned with the Penney’s catalog in her arms.” Oops!!
We are spiritually dwarfed if we neglect God’s Word. In closing, let me leave you with this thought – one person may read the Bible, but one hundred people may read you and me.
What to do:
✞ Apply the five principles found in the devotion.
Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email