Do you remember the old Brylcreem commercial? For those who may not know, Brylcreem was what I referred to as “hair grease.” The guys would use it to slick down their hair. Anyway, the Brylcreem commercial had a slogan, “A little dab’ll do ya.” Well, I am afraid that many Christians have adopted the Brylcreem slogan when it comes to their study of God’s Word, “A little dab’ll do ya.” As a result, Christians do not have a Biblical world view. For example, did you know these facts taken from a survey by the Nehemiah Institute, who gives the Biblical world view test:
· 60% of all Baptist pastors are humanistic in their view of the world;
· 75% of Bible college graduates from our circle of colleges are humanistic in their thinking and view of the world;
· over 85% of all graduates from Christian schools are humanistic in their world view - many of these graduates started in Christian school as early as K4;
· 98% of all government schools (public schools) graduates have a humanistic world view;
· fewer than 33% of the teachers who teach in Christian schools have a biblical world view; and
· it is estimated that in our Baptist churches fewer than 5% have a biblical world view. Many of these individuals are socialistic in their view of the world.
Now, I ask you...how can we change the world when we are in agreement with it; and secondly, how can we truly impact our children and the ones we love when we fail to see things as God sees them? It is time to begin the painful task of changing our view of the world and how we think. This can only be done as we renew our minds.
Our view of this world must be Biblical if we are to make a difference for God’s glory.
✞Go online to The Nehemiah Institute (nehemiahinstitute.com) and take the Biblical World View test (PEERS test) and see how you do. (It will not take long.)