The following was emailed to me, albeit in a different format. I’ve adjusted it to be applicable to this article.
You don’t have to actually answer the following questions; just ponder them.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman Trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prizes.
5. Name the last half-dozen Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
7. Name last year’s Cy Young award winner for both the American and National Leagues.
Well, how did you do? The point is that none of us remember the “stars” and headliners of yesterday. One day all the applause dies, achievements are forgotten, and accolades are buried with their winners.
1. List a few teachers who helped you through school.
2. Name a friend who helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who taught you something worthwhile.
4. Name three people who love you and pray for you daily.
5. Name five people you enjoy spending time with.
It’s these people who make a difference in our life, not the ones with all the credentials. It’s these people who are important to us, not the world’s heroes who fade away.
Think about it!! It’s these people we need to be seeking autographs from, not the world’s hero with all their headlines who don’t even know our name or care who we are! Think about it!!
✞ Make sure that Jesus is the Chief “Star” of your life.
Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email