The word perfect means complete. It carries the idea of being spiritually mature.
Have you ever considered the character traits of a mature person? Let me give you a few.
· Maturity is the ability to control anger and settle differences without violence or destruction.
· Maturity is patience. It is the willingness to pass up immediate pleasure in favor of the long-term gain.
· Maturity is perseverance, the ability to sweat out a project or a situation in spite of heavy opposition and discouraging setbacks.
· Maturity is the capacity to face unpleasantness and frustration, discomfort and defeat, without complaint or collapse.
· Maturity is humility. It is being big enough to say “I was wrong.” And, when right, the mature person need not experience the satisfaction of saying, “I told you so.”
· Maturity is the ability to make a decision and stand by it. The immature spend their lives exploring endless possibilities; then they do nothing.
· Maturity means dependability, keeping one’s word, coming through in a crisis. The immature are masters of alibi. They are disorganized. Their lives are a maze of broken promises, former friends, unfinished business, and good intentions that somehow never materialize.
· Maturity is the ability to stick with a job until it is finished.
· Maturity is the ability to do a job, meeting all deadlines without being supervised.
· Maturity is the ability to carry money without spending it.
So, do you have maturity? I trust it is well and growing.
✞ Desire to be spiritually mature, and ask God to help you achieve this as you study His Word.
Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email