Key Verse: Verse 10 - “Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.”
Key Words: no divisions among you
Corinthians is not a book of praise but of correction. Let me show you.
- Chapter One: Paul is correcting their use of human wisdom, verse 22.
- Chapter Two: He is correcting their thinking in regard to spiritual things, verses 14-15.
- Chapter Three: Paul is attempting to correct their carnality, verse 3.
- Chapter Four: They are being corrected because of their stewardship, verse 2.
- Chapter Five: The church is refusing to deal with immorality, verses 1 and 7.
- Chapter Six: They are taking one another to court, verse 1.
- Chapter Seven: Paul is correcting them in their thoughts on marriage, verses 2-3.
- Chapter Eight: Paul deals with offending others, verse 13.
- Chapter Nine: Paul is correcting them because they question his apostleship, verse 1.
- Chapter Ten: Paul is correcting their attitude and actions toward communion, verse 31.
- Chapter Eleven: Again Paul deals with communion, this time in regard to drunkenness at communion, verse 29.
- Chapters Twelve & Thirteen: There is a problem of misuse of spiritual gifts, chapter 12, verse 1 and chapter 13, verse 1.
- Chapter Fourteen: Paul deals with the misuse of speaking in tongues, verses 1 and 40.
- Chapter Fifteen: Paul corrects their theology in regard to the resurrection, verses 13-14 and 17.
- Chapter Sixteen: Paul deals with their lack of financial giving, verse 2. (Particularly note the words “let every one of you.”)
Now, I must confess to you that I will occasionally review all the problems which the church at Corinth experienced; and as I do so, I cannot help but thank God for our church – not that we are perfect for we are not; but our church is a place where we can sing praises to God, listen and learn from God’s Word, without the pressures of worldliness.Lord, my prayer is that we will always seek to please You and not man.
What to do:
✞ If you have gospel preaching and Godly music in your church, thank God for it daily.
✞ Pray for the spirit of your church to be a Godly Spirit.
✞ Pray for the Pastor and staff.
✞ Pray for the ministries.
✞ Send notes of encouragement to someone God lays on your heart (at least once a week).
Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email