Bible Reading: Matthew 6:5-13
Key Verse: Verse 9 - “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.”
Key Words: pray ye
The Lord’s prayer, which is also the disciples’ prayer, that Jesus taught them to pray has at least five elements to it.
Pray sincerely (vs. 5-7),
Pray secretly (vs. 6),
Pray sacredly (vs. 9),
Pray submissively (vs. 10), and
Pray selflessly (vs. 11-13).
In the unpublished writings of Miss Ruth Paxton was found a list of her “Prayer Check” by which she tested her own prayer life.
(1) Has my prayer life been powerless because of some besetting sin?
(2) Has it been hindered by haste, irregularity, insufficient preparation?
(3) Have I had such power with God that I have had real power with people?
(4) Has my prayer life been limited to my own life or am I an intercessor after God’s own heart?
(5) Has my prayer life been starved, or have I, through meditation on the Word, let the Lord teach me to pray?
(6) Has my prayer life been joyless – more of a duty than a privilege?
(7) Has my prayer life been sacrificial – has it cost me anything in time and energy?
✞ Evaluate the effectiveness of your prayer life.
Are you Saved? | Get These Devotions By Email