Key Verse: Verse 10 - “For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”
Key Words: For the love of money is the root of all evil
In our text verse Paul warns Timothy about loving money. In this he reveals to us a three-fold danger.
- The love of money causes us to covet.
- The love of money causes us to err from the faith.
- The love of money causes us to have many sorrows.
- It causes me to place God first in my finances.
- It causes me to pray about major purchases.
- It keeps me from over-committing myself financially.
- It keeps me from buying impulsively.
- It keeps me from breaking the first commandment: “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”
- It keeps me from breaking the tenth commandment: “Thou shalt not covet.”
- It certainly helps me keep my budget in line.
- It causes me to ask God to supply rather than to depend on myself.
What to do:
✞ Love God and people; use money; for when we love money we start using God and people.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email