Bible Reading: Proverbs 23:1-10
Key Verse: Verse 7- “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.”
Key Words: For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he
Our thinking is based upon one of two views: either we look at things from a humanistic view or a Biblical view.
It is highly possible, and in all likelihood probable, that we view some things from a Biblical view while viewing other things from a humanistic perspective.
Most of us either were or are being educated in a humanistic system of...
- Government schools, both high schools and colleges;
- Secular media, both the printed media and news media;
- Music industry: even some contemporary Christian music is full of humanism, and all of the worldly secular music is;
- Hollywood: both the movie and television industry is packed with humanism.
If we are to have a Biblical world view, there are at least four things we must be willing to do.
- Be honest and admit that we have been trained in a humanistic society, and that many of our views come, not from God’s Word, but from our humanistic training.
- We must be teachable and desire that our view be changed.
- We must be faithful in our daily study of God’s Word, in our church attendance (the church we attend is extremely important), but be faithful to all services.
- Pray and ask God to reveal to you views and thinking that is not Biblical.
What to do:
✞ Ask God to give you victory over your humanistic education.
✞ Ask God to reveal to you when your thinking is not Biblical.
✞ Be willing to admit when your thinking is wrong and change it.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email