Bible Reading: Psalm 119:105-112
Key Verse: Verse 105 - “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
Key Words: Thy word is a lamp
Do you remember the old Brylcreem commercial? For those who may not know, Brylcreem was what I referred to as “hair grease.” The guys would use it to slick down their hair. Anyway, the Brylcreem commercial had a slogan, “A little dab’ll do ya.” Well, I am afraid that many Christians have adopted the Brylcreem slogan when it comes to their study of God’s Word, “A little dab’ll do ya.” As a result, Christians do not have a Biblical world view. For example, did you know these facts taken from a survey by the Nehemiah Institute, who gives the Biblical world view test:
- 60% of all Baptist pastors are humanistic in their view of the world;
- 75% of Bible college graduates from our circle of colleges are humanistic in their thinking and view of the world;
- over 85% of all graduates from Christian schools are humanistic in their world view - many of these graduates started in Christian school as early as K4;
- 98% of all government schools (public schools) graduates have a humanistic world view;
- fewer than 33% of the teachers who teach in Christian schools have a biblical world view; and
- it is estimated that in our Baptist churches fewer than 5% have a biblical world view. Many of these individuals are socialistic in their view of the world.
Our view of this world must be Biblical if we are to make a difference for God’s glory.
What to do:
✞ Go online to The Nehemiah Institute (nehemiahinstitute.com) and take the Biblical World View test (PEERS test) and see how you do. (It will not take long.)
✞ Have your children take the world view test.
✞ Discuss the results as a family.
✞ Change in areas where you are wrong, Biblically.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email