Bible Reading: II Kings 19:14-37 and Hebrews 11:34c
Key Verse: Hebrews 11:34c - "…out of weakness were made strong, “
Key Words: out of weakness were made strong
It would be good for you to read all of II Kings, chapters 18 and 19, in order to get a clearer picture of what is taking place. A quick review would go like this...
- Israel is under Assyrian rule.
- Hezekiah has just become king of Israel and his first edict is to tear down the altars of Baal placed there by the Assyrians. Hezekiah is restoring temple worship to Jehovah.
- This upsets the Assyrians and they prepare to march on Israel unless Baal worship is restored.
- Hezekiah refuses.
- The battle is about to be put in full array.
- Hezekiah receives encouragement from the prophet Isaiah that all will be well.
- Hezekiah prays (II Kings 19:14-19).
- The night before the battle is to begin God sends a death angel into the Assyrian camp and 185,000 Assyrian soldiers die without a shot ever being fired.
- Israel is victorious because Hezekiah has a faith in God which made him strong.
Today, you can be strong in your faith in God as well, for you have all the promises of God.
What to do:
✞ Tear down the altars of false gods in your life, and be strong in the Lord.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email