Bible Reading: Proverbs 3:1-26
Key Verse: Verse 23– “Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.”
Key Words: Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely
Sexual abuse is perpetrated more by parents, relatives, or friends than by strangers according to the governmental council for sexual assault. That is the primary reason that rape and sexual violence is not reported to authorities. Did you know that…
- 32% of all victims are between the ages of 11 and 17?
- 29% of all victims are under the age of 11 (8% are under the age of 6)?
- More than 500,000 children are sexually abused each year in the U.S.?
- One in three girls and one in five boys will be sexually victimized in some way by the age of 18?
- Young girls are the most common victims? The offender is most often a heterosexual male, even when the victim is a boy.
- In 90% of child sexual abuse cases, the child knows and trusts the offender?
- A sexual assault occurs in America every two minutes?
- 69% of the teen sexual assaults reported to law enforcement in the United States occurred in the residence of the victim, the offender, or the residence of another individual?
- 42% of the U.S. girls younger than 15 years reported that their first intercourse was non-consensual?
- 23% of all sexual offenders were under the age of 18?
- Pray for God’s protection.
- Be careful where you go and who you go with.
- Stay out of compromising places.
- Obey those who have the rule over you (your parents).
- If you are being abused by someone you know, report it.
- Pray daily for your children’s protection.
- Teach them where not to go.
- On a personal note: I’m really leery of spend-the-night activities.
- Let’s face reality, all we can do is teach and pray, and have faith that our omni-present, omniscient, omnipotent God will protect.
What to do:
✞ For teens, follow the whole teen should do list.
✞For parents, follow the whole parent to do list.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email