Bible Reading: Esther 3
Key Verse: Verse 6 –“And he thought scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone; for they had shewed him the people of Mordecai: wherefore Haman sought to destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom of Ahasuerus, even the people of Mordecai.”
Key Words: And he thought scorn to lay hands on Mordecai alone
Haman is a pretty good example of a bully.
- He was feared (verse 2);
- He had a following (verse 2-3);
- He wanted control (verse 5);
- He was a scorner (verse 6); and
- He had to have things his way (verse 9).
In essence, you can say the bully demands control and popularity. What the bully needs to understand:
- First, they are hurting others because they are hurt. Hurt people hurt people. Ask for Biblical help and prayer.
- Secondly, remember, you will reap what you sow. There is a payday someday (Galatians 6:7).
- Thirdly, remember that you are not liked; you are only feared.
What to do:
✞ Show Christ’s love, not Satan’s hatred.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email