Bible Reading: Proverbs 21
Key Verse: Verse 31 - “The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.”
Key Words: safety is of the LORD
It is said often enough so we certainly can’t forget that we live in dangerous times. We are reminded of that tidbit of discouraging news by the media, medical and ministerial professions; so in the midst of all this discouragement and danger, what is a guy to do? Well, he should…
- Avoid riding in automobiles because they are responsible for 20% of all fatal accidents;
- Avoid staying home because 17% of all accidents occur in the home;
- Avoid walking and exercising because 14% of all accidents occur during these events;
- Avoid, if at all possible, traveling by air, rail or sea-going vessels as 16% of all accidents involve these forms of transportation;
- Of the remaining 33%, 32% of all deaths occur in hospitals. Above all else, it would appear hospitals must be avoided.
The Bible is certainly safe as well. The percentage of deaths during Bible study is enormously small. Therefore, I have reached the conclusion that for safety’s sake, attend church and read your Bible. It could save your life.
What to do:
✞ Where do you believe your safety comes from?
✞ Ask God for safety each day.
✞ Pray for the safety of others.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email