Bible Reading: Proverbs 4:1-13
Key Verse: Verse 1 – “Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.”
Key Words: attend to know understanding
Our key words “attend to know understanding” remind me of what I hear parents say all the time, “Are you listening to me? Pay attention!”
I came across the following ten laws of parenting and thought I would share them with you.
- The tennis shoes you must replace today will go on sale next week.
- Leak-proof thermoses - will.
- The chances of a piece of bread falling with the grape jelly side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.
- The garbage truck will be two doors past your house when the argument over whose day it is to take out the trash ends.
- The shirt your child must wear today will be the only one that needs to be washed or mended.
- Gym clothes left at school in lockers mildew at a faster rate than other clothing.
- The item your child lost, and must have for school within the next ten seconds, will be found in the last place you look. (Tom's note: Isn't something ALWAYS in the last place you look? I mean, you don't keep looking once you've found it, do you?)
- Sick children recover miraculously when the pediatrician enters the treatment room.
- Refrigerated items, used daily, will gravitate toward the back of the refrigerator.
- Your chances of being seen by someone you know dramatically increase if you drive your child to school in your robe and curlers.
What to do:
✞ Keep giving that Godly advice. One day it will connect with your child.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email