Bible Reading: Psalm 77
Key Verse: Verse 3 – “I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.”
Key Words: I complained and my spirit was overwhelmed
Complaining can consume you if you’re not careful. All you see are the things you think are wrong; and seldom, if ever, do you see anything good.
In Psalm 77 the psalmist, because of his complaining spirit, lists for us all the things he saw as a “problem” and complained about them.
- God was a problem. I remembered God and was “troubled” (stirred up emotionally). Psalm 77:3a
- Complaining consumed the psalmist so he couldn’t or wouldn’t sleep (verse 4).
- He complained because things weren’t like they used to be (verse 5).
- A complaining spirit can’t “find” the Lord (verse 2).
- A complaining spirit refuses to find good (verse 2).
I have a saying that goes, “I can’t hear your complaints because I’ve never heard your praises.”
What to do:
✞ Today be an encouragement to someone.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email