Bible Reading: Haggai 2:1-9
Key Verse: Verse 8 - "The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.”
Key Words: The silver is mine and the gold is mine
Proverbs 14:34, “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”
Back on Tuesday, February 17, 2009, President Barack Obama signed the 787 billion dollar stimulus package into law. Both our President and Vice-President told us that this plan would do the following:
- It will give immediate action to create new jobs.
- It will give immediate relief to struggling families.
- It will give immediate assistance for homeowners and business owners.
- It will help solve our current financial crisis.
Let me list for you seven areas of unrighteousness in our country.
- We are unrighteous in our abortion of over one million babies each year (Psalm 139:14-17).
- We are unrighteous in our educational system that bans prayer and the Bible.
- We are unrighteous in our sexual conduct. Forty percent of all adult men are involved in pornography on the internet. Seven out of every ten teenagers are involved in immorality before they graduate.
- We are unrighteous in that we look to the government for answers, not God (Haggai 2:8).
- We are unrighteous in that we have love for the dollar more than we love God (I Timothy 6:10).
- We are unrighteous in that we as believers are ignorant in our knowledge of God’s Word. Let me prove it to you. Answer the following questions without looking up the answers. A) Name the three sons of Noah. B) Name five of the Ten Commandments. C) Name half of the sixty-six books of the Bible. How did you do?
- We are unrighteous in that we have failed to stand for righteousness in our church attendance (Hebrews 10:25).
What to do:
✞ Remember our blessings come from God, not from government.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email