|The Happy Human is an icon that has been adopted as an international|
symbol of secular humanism. Created by Dennis Barrington in 1965.
Bible Reading: Proverbs 4:14-27
Key Verse: Verse 23 – "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.”
Key Words: Keep thy heart
You have probably heard of the Humanist Manifesto. It is the bible for propagating humanism around the world. It is a socialistic one-world “movement” promoted by a humanistic philosophy. Time and space do not allow us to print the manifesto but below is a brief summary of its contents.
- “We find insufficient evidence for belief in the existence of the supernatural. No deity shall save us, we must save ourselves.” (Atheism)
- “We regard the universe as self-existing and not created, the human species an emergence from natural evolutionary forces.” (Evolution)
- “Ethics is autonomous (not controlled by others): birth control, sexual preferences, lifestyle, all is based upon a person’s self-interest and needs.” (Amorality)
- “We have reached a turning point in human history. We believe in maximum individual autonomy, reject all religious and moral codes that suppress our individual freedom. We demand civil liberties, including the right to socialized medicine, a right to die with dignity (Euthanasia), and suicide (Socialism).”
- ADA (Americans for Democratic Action)
- AEU (American Ethical Union)
- ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union)
- SIECUS (Sex Information and Education Council of the United States)
- NOW (National Organization of Women)
- NEA (National Education Association)
- The Ford Foundation
- The Carnegie Foundation
- UNWHO (United Nations World Health Organization)
- UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund)
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific & Cultural Organization)
We teach the kids the song, “Be careful, little ears, what you hear. Be careful, little eyes, what you see.” But I am afraid that today much of what they hear and see is humanistic. We must protect their ears and eyes, but most of all, their heart by teaching them moral righteousness and Biblical truth. Without parents being extremely vigilant, Proverbs 22:6 can and will never be fulfilled.
What to do:
✞ Be eternally vigilant in the training up of your children.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email