Bible Reading: Revelation 22
Key Verse: Verses 19 – “And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”
Key Words: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
There is a movement afoot to have Bible taught in our public schools. Now while this may sound like a step forward, let me assure you that it isn’t.
The Bible course being pushed for the public schools in Alabama is called The Bible and Its Influences or The Bible Literacy Project.
The Bible and Its Influences is being backed and promoted by the National Education Association (NEA), the ACLU, People for the American Way, Council on Islamic Education, and the course in part was developed by the Communitarian/Pluralist and anti-National Day of Prayer teacher, Charles Haynes.
A sample of the quotes from this curriculum is very revealing about how anti-God this Bible course would be. For example...
- “Do you think Adam and Eve received a fair deal as described in Genesis?”
- “If God allows evil things to happen, can God honestly be described as good?”
- A statement from page 163 of the textbook reads, “Many students, although aware of good and evil, have not thought deeply about it. In the Judeo-Christian tradition God is considered to be all-good, all-knowing and all-powerful, yet the view presents many problems.”
- Also on page 161 of the textbook it reads, “Job is one of the most difficult books in the Bible in that it provides no clear-cut answer to Job’s situation.”
- “Gideon won the battle with the Midianites by a bit of trickery” (page 181 in the textbook).
When you allow secular humanists to “develop” a Bible curriculum, the end result will always be a “Godless” curriculum.
What to do:
✞ Pray for our country.
✞ Make sure your children receive a Christian education (you can’t afford not to).
✞ Make sure your world view is Biblical, not humanistic.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email