Bible Reading: Ephesians 5:1-16
Key Verse: Verse 15 - “See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,”
Key Words: See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools
Have you ever wondered how to identify a fool? There are several ways. Let me give you six of those ways.
- Fools are unteachable (Proverbs 1:7, 22).
- Fools can’t handle prosperity (Proverbs 1:32).
- Fools are constantly living in shame (Proverbs 3:35).
- Fools love foolishness (Proverbs 13:19).
- Fools run in groups (Proverbs 13:20).
- Fools mock (make fun of) sin. Another way of wording this would be, to a fool sin is fun (Proverbs 14:9).
The colorful preacher was equal to the occasion. Said he, “This is most unusual. I have just been handed a message which consists of but one word, the word ‘fool.’ I repeat, this is most unusual. I have often heard of those who have written letters and forgotten to sign their names, but this is the first time I have ever heard of anyone who signed his name and forgot to write the letter!” And, taking advantage of the situation, Moody promptly changed his sermon to the text: “The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God.”
William Thackeray once said, “A fool can no more see his own folly than he can see his ears.”
Today I challenge you to walk with God, you’ll not find any fools there.
What to do:
✞ Daily walk with God! (The word walk means to please, so daily live pleasing to God.)
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email