Bible Reading: Proverbs 7:6-27
Key Verse: Verse 7 - “And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,”
Key Words: a young man void of understanding
The error of youth is to believe that intelligence is a substitute for experience, while the error of age is to believe that experience is a substitute for intelligence. Both are needed.
Someone wrote the following, whom I do not know, and I found it to be a blessing. I hope you will as well.
Things I wish I had known before I was twenty-one.
- That a man’s habits are mighty hard to change after he is twenty-one.
- That a harvest depends on the seeds sown.
- That things worthwhile require time, patience, and work.
- That you cannot get something for nothing.
- The value of absolute truthfulness.
- The folly of not taking other people’s advice.
- That what my mother wanted me to do was right.
- That dad wasn’t an old fogey after all.
- More of the helpful and inspiring messages of the Bible.
- The greatness of the opportunity and joy of serving a fellowman.
- That Jesus Christ wants to be my Savior and Friend.
What to do:
✞ Remember, you are only young once; but you can be immature indefinitely.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email