Bible Reading: 1 Kings 21:1-14
Key Verse: Verse 4 – “And Ahab came into his house heavy and displeased because of the word which Naboth the Jezreelite had spoken to him: for he had said, I will not give thee the inheritance of my fathers. And he laid him down upon his bed, and turned away his face, and would eat no bread.”
Key Words: and turned away his face, and would eat no bread
Ahab is the king of Israel; he supposedly is grown and is by age a “full” adult. Now here he is pouting. While kids will be kids sometimes those who are supposed to be adults are kids as well. There are several character traits of an “immature children adult.”
- They expect others to wait on them (serve them).
- They would rather play than work.
- They get their feelings hurt easily.
- They expect most of the attention.
- They cry and whine easily.
- They will not feed themselves “spiritually”.
- They expect the pastor and staff to feed them.
- They only think of themselves.
There are those who are adults in age only who need to grow up and have a servant’s heart. It’s one thing to be a kid at the age of 10, another to still be a kid at the age of 40. Grow up!!
What to do:
✞ It’s time for some adults to grow up.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email