Thursday, January 10, 2019

Daily Devotion: A Tip About Complaining

Bible Reading: Psalm 77

Key Verse: Verse 3 – “I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.

Key Words: I complained

The psalmist is complaining because God seemingly is not responding to his cry (verse 1).

Have you ever complained before? Why, sure! We all have. It is one thing to complain and another to be a complainer. It’s always wise to remember that no matter how bad it may be, one’s complaining doesn’t always help and could make the situation worse.

Out West, a cowboy was driving down a dirt road, his dog riding in back of the pickup truck, his faithful horse in the trailer behind. He failed to negotiate a curve and had a terrible accident.

Sometime later, a highway patrol officer came on the scene. An animal lover, he saw the horse first. Realizing the serious nature of its injuries, he drew his service revolver and put the animal out of his misery. He walked around the accident and found the dog, also hurt critically. He couldn't bear to hear it whine in pain, so he ended the dog's suffering as well.

Finally he located the cowboy —who suffered multiple fractures—off in the weeds. "Hey, are you okay?" the cop asked. The cowboy took one look at the smoking revolver in the trooper's hand and quickly replied, "Never felt better!”

What to do:
✞ It’s always wise to remember that 80% of all the people don’t care about your complaint and the other 20% think you deserve what you’re going through.

Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email