Bible Reading: John 1:43-51
Key Verse: Verse 43 – "The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me."
Key Words: Follow me
When Jesus selected leaders he ignored the popular ideas of popularity and wealth, and selected a motley group who had no influence, and this group was to “change the world.”
Jesus chose from the ranks of workers, not from professional personnel. Hudson Taylor did the same and most of the religious world said he would never be successful. Brother, were they wrong!!
R. E. Thompson suggests that leaders have the following character traits in regard to people.
- People’s failures do not annoy them but challenge them.
- Leaders do not “use” people but cultivate people.
- Leaders spend more time developing people than directing people.
- Leaders spend more time encouraging rather than criticizing.
- Leaders see people problems as a challenge, not a “problem.”
Today our job is not to condemn others, but to help restore and challenge others. That’s what leaders do!
What to do:
✞ Father, lead your family to Godliness.
✞ CEO, lead your business to Godliness.
✞ Pastor, lead your church to Godliness.
✞ Politician, lead our country to Godliness.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email