Key Verse: Verse 8 – "Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness."
Key Words: he that ruleth, with diligence
Hudson Taylor, the founder of the China Inland Mission, was a simple but astute man. He had the gift of saying profound things in a simple way. This is certainly a character trait one needs to improve in their leadership. Taylor said that there are six qualities that will help to improve one’s ability to lead.
- Improve the character of the work (people should know what is expected of them).
- Work toward making the workers successful.
- Remove stumbling blocks that keep workers from succeeding.
- Oil the wheels that stick. Solve problems quickly.
- Amend whatever is defective. Correct things that are wrong.
- Be creative, not critical.
What to do:
✞ Ask yourself and answer honestly: Are you seeking to be a better leader in the home, work, or school?
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email