Bible Reading: I Kings 12:1-19
Key Verse: Verses 11 & 13 – "And now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father hath chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions." (vs 11) "And the king answered the people roughly, and forsook the old men's counsel that they gave him;" (vs 13)
Key Words: I will add to your yoke (vs 11) And the king answered the people roughly (vs 13)
Rehoboam wasn’t a leader; he was a tyrant. He was cruel and demeaning. As a result, the people rebelled against Rehoboam. A lesson every leader should learn is that evil breeds rebellion.
In the magazine Bits & Pieces they state that there are six character traits of a bad leader.
- Aggressive against people who do not agree with them.
- Apprehensive that others are scheming against them.
- Fatalistic in thinking that most workers are not to be trusted.
- Inflexible: all work must be done as they say, without any deviation.
- Impulsive: preferring action to thinking.
- Self-willed: thinks of self before thinking of others or the organization.
Woodrow Wilson said, “I use not only my own brains, but also all that I can borrow.”
What to do:
✞ Understand that without God, you can do nothing.
href="http://www.refreshingdaily.org/p/salvation.html">Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email