|Ferrari 458 Spider|
Key Verse: Verse 5 – "But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell."
Key Words: he had not respect
Respect is something most everyone wants and very few get, but I believe the Bible lays down some basic principles by which respect comes. Please note them with me.
- First, we must do right. (Genesis 4:4, see also Galatians 6:7.)
- Secondly, we must be right. (Genesis 4:5a)
- Thirdly, we must act right. (No one will ever respect childish actions from an adult.) (Genesis 4:5b)
- Fourthly, we must live right. (Genesis 4:6-7)
- Last of all, we must respect others. (Genesis 4:8-10)
- If you want to be respected, these things must be in place in your life.
Today, dear friend, will you commit yourself by God’s grace to work at being respected by others? You may wonder, how do I gain this respect?
A man once parked his car on a street. Up came a boy and looked it over. His eyes were wide with admiration of the beautiful car. “Where did you get this car?” he asked. “My brother gave it to me,” replied the man. “My, I wish...” The man knew the boy was wishing that he had a car like that. But the lad went on and finished the sentence, surprisingly. “I wish I could be a brother like yours. I have a crippled brother that I would like to get a car for.” How do you gain respect? Think more of others than you do yourself.
What to do:
✞ Earn respect. It’s not free; it comes at a high price.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email