Key Verse: Verse 26 - "Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established."
Key Words: let all thy ways be established
- Thoughts produce acts, acts produce habits, and habits produce character. ~ Anonymous
- If we realized the extent to which we were mere walking bundles of habits, we would give more heed to what they are forming. ~ William James
- First we form habits, and then they form us. ~ Dr. Ron Gilbert
- Bad habits form a bad spirit. ~ Erwin Lutzer
- Small habits often grow to be bad crimes. ~ Hannah Moore
- Habits are the best of servants and the worst of masters. ~ Anonymous
An elderly teacher, with a pupil by his side, took a walk through a forest. Suddenly he stopped and pointed to four plants close at hand. The first was just beginning to peep above the ground, the second had rooted itself pretty well into the earth, the third was a small shrub, while the fourth was a full-sized tree. The tutor said to his young companion, “Pull up the first.” The boy did so, eagerly, using only his fingers. “Now pull up the second.” The youth obeyed, but found the task more difficult. “Do the same with the third,” he urged. The boy had to put forth all his strength, and was obliged to use both arms to uproot it. “And now,” said the master, “try your hand upon the fourth.” The pupil put his arms around the trunk of the tall tree and couldn’t even shake its leaves. “This, my son, is just what happens with our bad habits. When they are young, we can cast them out more readily with the help of God; but when they are old, it is hard to uproot them, though we pray and struggle ever so sincerely.”
Always remember, today bad habits may be fun and exciting but tomorrow they are our way of life that leads to sorrow.
What to do:
✞ If you’ll keep your “habits” God-honoring then you’ll make it a habit to glorify God.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email