Key Verse: Verse 7- “Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it."
Key Words: Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was
Solomon reminds us of the importance of remembering God when we are young because old age is coming. It is inevitable for us all. I will – you will – we all will go through “old age.” Eyesight will dim, hands will tremble, teeth begin to come loose, can’t sleep, little things become a bunch. Then this old body will turn to dust, but praise God the spirit shall go to God (verse 7).
You know you’re getting older when...
- Most of your dreams are reruns
- You sit down in a rocking chair and you can’t get started
- Your mind makes commitments your body can’t keep
- The little gray-haired lady you help across the street is your wife
- Everything hurts, and what doesn’t hurt, doesn’t work
- You sink your teeth into a juicy steak and they stay there
- You watch a pretty girl go by, and your pacemaker makes the garage door open.
Abraham was 75 before he began his journey for God. Moses was 80 when he led Israel out of Egypt.
Don’t let your age hinder your service. You can always have a ministry. If nothing else, you can be a prayer warrior.
What to do:
✞ Stay faithful until God calls you home.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email