Bible Reading: Proverbs 22:1-9
Key Verse: Verse 6 - ”Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
Key Words: Train up a child
As parents, it’s our responsibility to train up our children in “The Way” (God’s way) that they should go. But it is their responsibility to go in the way they are trained.
The following survey was taken in the 80’s by Bruce Wilkinson. I believe they are fairly accurate for today.
- 70% of high school grads leave the church, never to return
- 65% of evangelical teens never read their Bibles
- 33% believe religion is out of date and out of touch
- 40% of all teens believe in astrology
- 30% read astrology column daily
- 93% know their sign
- 58% of protestant teens believe students should have access to contraceptives.
- 25% of high school students contract some form of STD.
- 42% of protestant teens say there are many ways to God.
- 60% question that miracles are possible
- 28% feel the contents of the Bible are not accurate.
- 65% of all H.S. Christian students are sexually active
- 75% of all H.S. students cheat regularly
- 30% of all H.S. students have shoplifted in the past 30 days
- 45-50% of all teen pregnancies are aborted
- 3.3 million teens are alcoholics
- 1000 teens try to commit suicide daily
- 10% of H.S. students have experimented with or are involved in a homosexual lifestyle.
What to do:
✞ Train up your children in the way they should go.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email