Key Verse: Verse 3 - "Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table."
Key Words: thy children like olive plants
Olives are said to be a concentrated source of monounsaturated fats and a good source of Vitamin E. The olive is also said to have significant anti-inflammatory properties. It is also said to help protect from heart disease, and it helps assist in protection from gastro-intestinal infections. The olive may also assist in helping those with asthma and rheumatoid arthritis. And it may also help aid women in the intensity of hot flashes due to menopause.
From a spiritual perspective, there are three things we know about the olive plant. First of all, it clings. A husband and wife should cling together. Secondly, it climbs. The family should grow together. Thirdly, it clusters: a clear reference to children. The olive reminds us of the family.
I read the following and found it interesting. I believe you will as well.
In 1947, sociologist and historian Carle Zimmerman, in his book Family and Civilization, compared the disintegration of various cultures with the parallel decline of family life in those cultures. He found eight specific patterns of domestic behavior that typified the downward spiral of each culture he studied.
- Marriage loses its sacredness and is frequently broken by divorce.
- The traditional meaning of the marriage ceremony is lost.
- Feminist movements abound.
- Increased public disrespect for parents and authority in general.
- Acceleration of juvenile delinquency, promiscuity and rebellion.
- Refusal of people with traditional marriages to accept family responsibilities.
- Growing desire for and acceptance of adultery.
- Increasing interest in and spread of sexual perversions and sex-related crimes.
What to do:
✞ Remember, the olive reminds us of the family.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email