Key Verse: Verse 12 - “The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious; but the lips of a fool will swallow up himself."
Key Words: but the lips of a fool
You find the words fool or folly eight times in this chapter. Each time it gives us the down side of foolishness.
- Verse 1 – it stinks
- Verse 2 – a fool’s heart is in the wrong place
- Verse 3 – his advice is wrong
- Verse 6 – he exalts folly
- Verse 12 – he is ungracious
- Verse 13 – he incites madness (confusion)
- Verse 14 – he talks all the time and knows nothing about what he is talking about
- Verse 15 – he is wearisome
And that’s the way it is! Eventually all the fool’s folly will blow up in his face.
What to do:
✞ “If any [man lacks] wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him” James 1:5.
Are you Saved? | Get These Free Devotions Everyday By Email